- Strengths not commercially available. Compounding assures all patients that they can have the precise dose they need.
- Non-sterile compounding.We compound our medications in a non-sterile environment
- Form not commercially available. Compounding allows the best drug delivery system options for patient and physician. Oral, suppository, or transdermal routes are all possible. Also, compounding provides drugs not currently manufactured or in dosage forms not currently available.
- Improve or eliminate undesirable flavors. Increase patient compliance - especially finicky children - by substituting custom-made flavors the kids (and adults) really love!
- Change the usual route of administration. Professional Center Pharmacy's pharmacists can alter traditional routes of delivery. For instance, a flavored sublingual lozenge for a hard-to-swallow pill or a transdermal cream. The possibilities are almost endless!
- Eliminate preservatives, dyes, and potential allergens. Folks with asthma or hyperallergenic patients will benefit from prescriptions that are compounded preservative-free or dye-free or use alternative "fillers."
- Sugar intolerance. Compounded syrups with non-caloric sweeteners help diabetics control blood glucose.
- Discontinued drugs. Occasionally, drug companies discontinue production of effective drugs which are no longer profitable to them. If this happens, Professional Center Pharmacy's pharmacists can many times duplicate that formula.